Appendix “A” – Description of Duties Board of Directors
(1) Schedule and provide agenda for Board meetings.
(2) Oversee the various positions of other Board members and facilitate the duties.
(3) Represent the Club at the SFA meetings.
(4) Assist the Media/Marketing Liaison in the organization of fundraising activities.
(5) Determine the dates of tournaments, and booking of locations as requested by the SFA.
(6) Prepare Thank-You letters to donors as required.
(7) Prepare and oversee all grant applications on behalf of the Club.
(8) Prepare a report as required for the review of the Board at all meetings.
(1) Assist the President and Treasurer-Secretary in the performance of their duties, as they require.
(2) Perform the duties of the President in his or her absence.
(3) Maintain the minutes at all Board meetings.
(4) Prepare a report as required for the review of the Board at all meetings.
(1) Ensure proper function of the online registration web page form.
(2) Maintain an electronic list of all members as per the SFA guidelines and submit to the SFA as required.
(3) Ensure with web developer that paypal notifications of registration function properly.
(4) Ensure volunteer cheques are collected in coordination with the Volunteer/Membership Liaison.
(5) Routinely request registration information for the web developer database.
(6) Deposit and track all payment which are not made online.
(7) Pay outstanding accounts as required.
(8) Perform deposits of accounts as required.
(9) Deliver required invoices.
(10) Prepare and distribute government tax receipts to participants as required.
(11) Coordinate regularly with Volunteer/Membership Liaison to ensure that the correct volunteer cheques are destroyed or deposited appropriately.
(12) Prepare a report as required for the review of the Board at all meetings.
(1) Maintain an electronic contact list containing all members of the Club.
(2) Communicate by email and on the bulletin board all volunteer opportunities.
(3) Track volunteer hours performed on the electronic contact list.
(4) Attend practices routinely and ensure that members are properly registered with the Club and with affiliates such as the CFF/SFA.
(5) Deliver emails encouraging members to continue participation.
(6) Prepare a report as required for the review of the Board at all meetings.
Media/Marketing Materials Liaison
(1) Timely communicate with web developer class schedules, prices, categories, and registration times.
(2) Review the annual class schedule, with particular attention to holidays, school division start and end times, and available tournament information.
(3) Prepare advertisement materials for Facebook and/or Google, Print (Fall leisure guide) among others.
(4) Prepare press releases as required from the Club.
(5) Organize and administer the annual raffle fundraiser.
(6) Monitor the annual bottle drive.
(7) Prepare a report as required for the review of the Board at all meetings.
(1) Maintain an inventory of Club equipment.
(2) Recommend replacement of equipment to the Board.
(3) Perform repairs and cleaning of club equipment.
(4) Prepare reports as required for the review of the Board at all meetings.